Technology has changed how we shop due to the availability of e-stores and applications that offer people more accessible, quicker, and safer alternatives to retail stores.
These days, it is not a must to have a physical location for you to sell clothes. You can sell your clothes via online stores. To build an online clothing store you will need a reliable platform, a steady market base, and ample exposure to ensure success in your business.
The best website builders for online clothing stores would offer you unique features which will help you get the most from your website. As you focus on sales and designs your platform should be easy-to-use.
The right website builder will attract more visitors to your store and improve your sales. Choosing the right platform can be tricky since they are so many. To help you choose the perfect platform for your clothing store, we have reviewed some of the best website builders fit for online clothing stores.
Starting and growing a clothing store with a Wix website builder is easy. This is an all-in-one platform with solid e-commerce support for both small and big online clothing stores.
Wix has over 20 eye-catching templates with vibrant fashion and apparel designs. Anything you do with Wix is going to be sophisticated. The platform gives you valuable insights on product placement, arranging the catalog, and also pricing your products to match the current market rates.
With Wix, you can preview the web page before posting. You can also make real-time changes on the page after you have posted it.
- You have access to a simple drag-and-drop editor, which makes it easier to design your online store
- Using its Artificial Design Intelligence technology you can create your website in minutes.
- It offers easy-to-use website development features along with an intuitive visual builder.
- It has multiple payment Methods.
- It gives access to a professional mailbox, which will include personalized emailing matching your brand.
- It has advanced SEO tools which help you optimize your online store.
- Has SEO best practice prompts
- It has a friendly onboarding experience
- Has advanced business functionality like CRM
- One of the best eCommerce platform
- You can’t change the design of your site after publishing.
- It has a slower response time as compared to some website builders.
- 4 website plans start from $16 per month
- Business Basic eCommerce plan $27 per month
- Business Unlimited eCommerce plan $32 per month
So many online shops are built with Shopify and you might have visited several without no idea. The platform takes care of all the technical aspects of website development giving you ample time to concentrate on running your clothing store.
It has an well-organized on-site editor with neatly arranged customization tools on the dashboard. Shopify has a collection of 50-plus templates, themes, and store-front designs great for any kind of clothing store.
Recently Shopify has collaborated with Oberlo, a marketplace where you can find all kinds of trending clothing from exporters.
- Point of sale
- Customers can create their profiles on your platform
- Offers an abandoned cart checkout email feature for abandoned cart recovery
- Shipping costs are automatically calculated depending on customer location and product weight
- Offers various SEO tools
- Offers in-depth analytics.
- It has attractive and mobile-responsive web templates.
- Tax is calculated automatically during checkout.
- The platform offers multi-currency selling functionalities.
- The platform is complicated when adding custom fields
- It has high transaction fees
- It has a basic email marketing functionality.
- Basic(creating your store, shipping product, and process payments) $29 per month
- Shopify (includes also professional reporting and more staff accounts) $79 per month
- Advanced (the best of Shopify with custom reporting and lowest transaction fees) $299 per month.
#3. Big Commerce
Big Commerce is a solid, robust, top-notch online clothing store website builder. It offers a modern platform that fits the framework of an online clothing store. It is best for entrepreneurs looking to expand their store with a multi-storefront.
One benefit of using Big Commerce is that you can start for free first and see how things work out for you. You can customize and modify your store and shine online. The platform also includes all-in-one shopping cart software for your convenience.
- It has powerful easy-to-use marketing features which can drive more online traffic to your eCommerce platform.
- You can expand the reach of your online apparel store by using buy buttons.
- It offers a streamlined checkout for your customers.
- Just like Shopify, It automatically recovers your lost online sales by sending customizable emails to your customers who left during the checkout process.
- It offers product filtering making it easy for shoppers to find what they want in your online store.
- You get to manage your inventory.
Big Commerce Pros
- You can easily sell your clothes online in multiple currencies
- No transaction fees charged
- No limitation on the number of staff accounts for your online store.
Big Commerce Cons
- Annual online sales are limited
- No Shipping discounts are offered.
- The free templates are difficult to edit.
- Standard $29.95 per month
- Plus $79.95 per month
- Pro $299.95 per month.
This is the most user-friendly platform in the market today. It has simple and sophisticated features best for both beginners and professionals. The platform’s layout is great for building a professional and modern-day fashion store.
With Weebly, you can choose a free plan, making it one of the best online store builders. This free forever plan helps you optimize your online store and capture leads with contact forms.
- The platform ensures customers have a seamless checkout experience with the fully integrated shopping cart.
- It provides inventory Tracking.
- Weebly helps your customers to find what they want faster with the help of filtered product search.
- It has product merchandising.
- It offers flexible shipping options
- Taxes are calculated automatically during checkout.
- Has a fast page-loading speed
- It has high design flexibility with website themes
- It offers a free domain with all plans.
- It has limited blogging tools for online stores.
- It doesn’t have advanced marketing tools.
- It has a poor backup system
- Free (basic use)
- Connect $5 per month if paid annually
- Pro $12 per month if paid annually
- Business $25 per month if paid annually
This website builder offers your online store elegance, functionality, and value. It is an easy-to-use platform that allows you to build interactive websites and grow sales.
Squarespace has a simple and easy interface that you can play around with. It has many great features for you to explore. In case you need additional help and support, their team of experts is always on standby.
- You can build your online clothing store using pre-built page layouts.
- Has a commenting system that allows your customers to leave feedback on products.
- It has product merchandising features that let you view and sort your products in a few clicks.
- It has optimized checkout, allowing your customers to bypass the shopping cart and jump straight to checkout.
- Commerce Analytics helps you understand how your clothing brand grows by tracking your orders and revenue.
- Location management lets you create and manage your online listings for your boutique’s physical location.
- It comes with multiple pre-built and customizable templates for online fashion stores.
- It has an easy-to-use backend design.
- It provides 24/7 customer support.
- It doesn’t have advanced marketing tools
- It is expensive
- No support for third-party apps, plugins, or extensions.
- Personal $16 per month
- Business $ 23 per month
- Commerce $27 per month
- Commerce $49 per month
Volusion is the best website builder platform for fashion and clothing stores and it comes with an option to give it a test run for free. Its countless features make it easier for you to start and run your site quickly without any hassles.
- It has Product display options with which you can fully merchandise your products with multiple photos and details.
- It has category pages
- Your customers can locate products easily with the help of the platform’s advanced search functionality tools.
- With coding knowledge, you can improve your site’s design using HTML and CSS editors.
- They have in-house design services which you can hire.
- With their Homepage slideshow, you can highlight discounts and products directly on your homepage.
- Since Volusion sites are hosted on the Google Cloud Platform, your store has a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- It has firewall settings that allow you to block or allow certain traffic to your site to avoid spam.
- The system displays product status, tracks stock quantity levels, and also provides quantity verification.
- It has product display customization which gives shoppers the info they want about your products with reviews, social sharing, and more
- It has poor site customization options
- It has limited third-party app integration.
- It is a bit expensive compared to Shopify and BigCommerce
- Personal $29 per month
- Professional $79 per month
- Business $299 per month
Zyro website builder has many features that can help you make a difference in your clothing store. The platform gives you access to flawless pre-built templates that don’t require any coding knowledge to edit.
The website builder supports almost all popular debit cards, credit cards, and other payment options like PayPal. With Zyro you will never miss any sale since it has a very high loading speed.
- You can efficiently manage your store with its advanced eCommerce Functionality.
- You can include meta tags on all your product pages.
- It has a simple CRM tool.
- Zyro has powerful integrations that let you integrate your online clothing store into third-party extensions and study customer behavior.
- It proves you with AI business tools that you can use to scale your clothing business easily.
- It allows you to connect your store to multiple platforms.
- Good site performance hence more sales
- You can easily set up your business email
- It has 0% commission for eCommerce plans
- It has limited support
- It is difficult to connect domain names with Zyro.
- Small website hosting $2.90 per month
- For Online stores $ 8.90 per month
- Advanced store $15.90 per month
#8. Big Cartel
Big Cartel makes it easier for you to build your online clothing store and run a successful online business. The website builder allows you to customize the style of your store to your liking.
Using Big Cartel does not require you to have any coding knowledge. It has great features that make every step of starting your store smooth.
- It has customized templates
- You get to manage your clothing store using the content management feature.
- It has a point-of-sale feature
- It has payment gateways enabling you to accept payments worldwide using multiple payment processors.
- You can email your visitors who added a product to their cart but didn’t checkout using the abandoned cart recovery feature.
- You can translate your online store into multiple languages using a multilingual selling feature.
Big Cartel Pros
- It is easy to use due to its interactive interface
- It offers free web templates for online stores
- With Big Cartel there are no transaction fees.
Big Cartel Cons
- It limits the number of products you can add to your clothing online store
- You can’t sell in multiple currencies all at once.
- It does not have a weight-based shipping calculator.
- 5 products limit for free
- 50 products limit $9.99 per month
- 500 products for $19.99 per month
The website builder allows you to create your online clothing store within a few minutes. You will not require coding skills but design skills are necessary if you want to have a successful clothing store with Strikingly.
- You get access to ten different customizable themes.
- It has seamless payment integration.
- You can integrate your store with Facebook and track the conversion rate of your Facebook ads.
- You get access to in-depth analytics which you can use to analyze the traffic sources and country of origin on your online store.
- You can optimize your online store for search engines increasing your brand’s reach.
- You can create a fully-fledged eCommerce site with which you can track orders.
- It is easier to reformat templates
- They have responsive customer support
- It’s best for single-product websites.
- It doesn’t allow mobile optimization
- It includes a watermark on starters plans
- It doesn’t have the best template usability.
- Limited $12 per month
- Pro $20 per month
- VIP $59 per month
#10. Square Online
Square online is one of the best eCommerce Website Builder Platforms, offering multiple shipping options. With square online, you can grow your online clothing store and expand your reach.
- The platform helps in stock management and notifies you when you are almost out of stock.
- You get access to their in-built payment platform.
- You can use the Pop-ups sales feature to advertise upcoming promotions on your online clothing store.
- They offer multiple shipping options to cater to your customers worldwide.
- You get access to an automatic tax calculator
- It has an integrated email solution with which you can send a few emails to your customers.
Square online Pros
- It has an interactive dashboard that is easy to use
- It doesn’t limit the number of products you can sell
- It comes with a built-in inventory management system.
Square online Cons
- Its customization options are limited
- Its customer support team is not reliable
- It charges high transaction fees for your online store.
- Free plan
- Professional $12 per month
- Performance $26 per month
- Premium $72 per month
Bookmark is one of the best website builders and when combined with its power assets with innovative AIDA, it is a win for you. AIDA stands for Artificial Intelligence Design Assistant. With Bookmark, your online store is responsive and mobile-ready.
- It has free hosting
- It comes with drag and drop interface
- It has customizable templates
- Comes with CRM
- It has a content management feature
- It offers premium support
- It is easy to use and simple
- It is affordable
- It is easy to integrate complexity into designs
- It is good for startups and small companies
- It has poor shop URL capabilities.
- Free plan
- Professional $14.99 per month
- Business $ 29.99 per month
Jimdo comes with an ADI feature with which Jimdo can build a site for you if you simply answer a few questions about what you need for your website. This website builder is easy to use and ad-free. It removes all barriers to ensure that everyone can create a professional website without requiring help from a third party.
- eCommerce shopping carts
- It includes coupons and discounts
- SEO automation for both standard and e-commerce sites
- Payment processing
- Most of its available features can be customized to your liking.
- It offers the best cost-per-feature option
- It optimizes for all mobile devices with its dedicated mobile editor view
- It has a 30-day free trial with a money-back guarantee.
- It delivers site statistics and integrates with Google analytics.
- It does not offer internal marketing capabilities.
- It’s not the best for SEO due to some limitations.
- Its support team is limited to Premium plans and it’s also slow.
- The most advanced plan allows for only 2 custom domains.
- Start (for your personal website) $9 per month
- Grow (for your business website) $15 per month
- Unlimited (your toolbox for success) $39 per month